Friday, June 27, 2008

Welcome to the World

Welcome to the World Amory Elizabeth.


My sister Marilois and her husband Pablo welcomed their precious daughter, Amory Elizabeth, to the world yesterday. She arrived about 5:30 yesterday afternoon and weighed 6 lbs 10 oz. and was 18 3/4 inches long. She has a head full of the blackest hair you've ever seen. Precious, just precious. She and mom are doing QUITE well!!




While they are recouperating in the Hospital, we are given the joyous task of babysitting big sister Frannie. This is her first night away from mom and dad and I think it is tough on all of them. I debated whether or not to retaliate against my sister for giving 2 year old Lindsey Kate "lots and lots of coffee" while she babysat when Micajah was born. I've also debated about whether or not to teach Frannie how to walk while she is visiting - much like Aunt Nannie did to my mom with me when Katharine was born. I guess I will be a responsible Aunt and not go with the coffee. The walking, that's another thing all together. She is ready, but we won't push the issue.

She did fine last night going to bed, although it was a little later than she usually goes down. This morning, she woke up happy but got a little quiver in her chin when she realized we were still there and her mom and dad were not. After a good breakfast I left her downstairs with the "babysitters" while I got dressed. I came downstairs to find her loaded up in a laundry basket watching TV. Good times, good times.
p>





2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

That is hysterical about both the coffee and the walking. You are very kind to refrain. Just have the video camera ready in case she does take those first steps. Amory is just beautiful, what newborn is that alert??

Sophie's comment when I told her about the new baby: "Oh boy, poor Micajah, it's just him and all those girls." too funny.

Glad it all went well for the Campas, please tell them we are thinking of them.

KatOwens: Insect Collector said...

LOVE your photos. I saved a step and just redirected people from our blog to yours to see the pics. Love the VERY casual Frannie in the basket. She is chillin'. Those pics of her from mom were amazing-- Franny just looked like SUCH a big girl all of the sudden. Maybe the logner hair did it, but she looks like she is ready for her role as BIG Sis!