Monday, August 20, 2007

Tea for Two (or 12)

Yesterday was Lindsey Kate's 8th Birthday. We decided to invite her friends over for a tea party. Here is a picture of the girls posing in their dress up clothes.


Lindsey Kate told my mom (Bami) that she wanted a tea cup collection for her birthday. That was the inspiration for the tea party. Bami found these adorable tea cups at TJ Maxx and they were reasonably priced enough that we were able to purchase one for every girl as their party favor. I ordered "feathery" crowns and crown rings from Oriental Trading Company for all the girls.


We provided extra dress-up clothes and makeup with a mirror for them to fix themselves up. I heard Heyward declare "WOW, I look GOOD!!". It was VERY hot but as she tied on her rabbit fur wrap, she declared "This is perfect to top it off!"

Here is our lovely tea-party table and the girls enjoying their "tea". We actually served sparkling grape juice instead of tea. One little girl remarked "This stuff is SO good - you will need to give my mom the recipe". FYI - the recipe is equal parts of grape juice and ginger ale. Makes a delicious punch!
My dad wore his tuxedo and served the tea party fare to our princesses. The girls enjoyed a lovely menu of Cupcakes, iced cookies, flower-shaped ham and cheese sandwiches, pickle sandwiches, dill pickle spears, grapes and strawberries. One "princess" commented "I've never been to a party where I didn't have to fix my own plate"
Poor brother wasn't feeling well and cuddled up in a chair with "Poochie" and slept through the WHOLE thing!
Here is a picture of the food table (minus one plate of sandwiches and the cupcakes). The white tulle and Christmas lights made such a lovely decorating tool. After the "tea party" was over, the tulle doubled as veils which we tied to the girls crowns. They were SO precious!!

2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

Can I hire you to do Sophie's next bday party?? Very cute, that was nice of your Dad to dress up and be the server. And Micajah looks like he had a blast as well!

Elizabeth said...

I would LOVE to come do Sophie's next Birthday! :)