Wednesday, August 08, 2007

First day of School




WOW! I was horrified when I logged into my blogger this morning and realized I did not blog ALL summer long! I guess that sums up in a nut-shell what kind of summer we had. No time for anything! We had a lovely vacation in South Carolina, Church camp, tennis camp and cheerleading camp plus a 3 week visit from Katharine and James. WOW - an event filled summer!


Anyway, today is the first day of school. Heyward in the 4th grade, Lindsey Kate in the 2nd and Micajah at pre-K. I am attaching pictures. How many of you wore Converse hi-tops as kids? We certainly did. I had a total trip down memory lane when Lindsey Kate wanted pink hi-tops for he school shoes! How funny!
My friend Tiffany's little boy Caleb is in Micajah's class at pre-K. She called to share this adorable story with me this morning: When she went to drop off Caleb, he was being a little clingy to her. She said Micajah came up to her and said "If he forgot his blanket for nap time, I can share my towel with him". She said thank you, but that Caleb brought his towel. He then said "I also brought school supplies I can share with him. I have 2 glue sticks, markers and paper if he wants to use them". How adorable, huh? I am glad to see he wants to share his stuff with his buddy.

1 comment:

Mike Maier said...

so sweet-- I have been checking your blog, but I knew you were busy! I think it is so cool that converse high tops are 'in' again. We have a friend here whose daughter 'traded' her new high tops through some website with some boy in Italy. His were worn and therefore cooler. How is that for trendy? Love to see the lunchboxes in action, too
Kat