
Inspiration is divine. That is the only way to describe it. I was trying to come up with an economical Valentine for the kids teachers at school. Shopping at Walmart over the weekend, I found these adorable oven mitts for $1.88 each. The only problem, what to do with them. So, I had the brilliant idea (certainly with God's help) to bake cookies on skewers, decorate them and stuff them down into the oven mitts. I must admit, they turned out pretty cute! Baking the cookies on the skewers worked wonderfully. Not one broke. Here's the recipe if you are interested.1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 cups self rising flour
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Slowly add flour. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut with assorted cutters. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes until browned.
The icing was 1 stick butter, 1 block cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 box powdered sugar. Tinted with red food coloring paste (the liquid would make it runny).
Hope you and yours have a WONDERFUL Valentines day full of LOVE!

2 comments:
Elizabeth, That is a great idea, I will have to remember it for next year. Thanks for the recipe too!
If the recipe haden't started with "stick of butter" you would not be your Mother's daughter. Kat said every recipe started with "stick of butter". Love the recipe, will have to try it with Sophie.
Post a Comment