Thursday, April 03, 2008

April Fools!

I LOVE practical jokes. My mom has always said I have a little "streak". Not a mean streak or bad streak, just a streak. Jody loves practical jokes as much as I do.

April Fools day is the perfect time for practical jokes. For April Fools dinner this year, I decided to cook a special meal for our family.

This "meatloaf" was actually dessert. It was chocolate rice krispy treats made into the shape of a meatloaf. The "ketchup" on the top - a fruit roll up.
Our main course was "cupcakes and Ice cream". What kid wouldn't like that meal. They were a little dissappointed though to discover it was Meatloaf "cupcakes" with mashed potato icing and mashed potato "ice cream". Micajah called the girls to the table QUITE excitedly when he thought we were having cupcakes and ice cream for dinner. One lick of the pink icing and he said "dis icing is not bery good". Poor guy. He ended up going the refrigerator and fixing his own dinner of oranges, yogurt and cheese.
How many times do you get to say "Finish your cupcakes and ice cream before you can have meatloaf". Good times, good times. Heyward has already decided to make this for her children one day on April Fools day. Thank you Family Fun magazine for the ideas!!

1 comment:

Dorothy Gould said...

love it, very cute!