Sometimes I get an idea for something and after it is finished I think to myself "Now THIS is the cutest thing we have EVER done!". So was the thought with these Thanksgiving aprons we made for the grandmothers. I thought it might be fun to try, and they really did turn out cute!! I can't wait for them to see them. The :"leaves" are made by painting their hands solidly with a color of fabric paint and pressing them (with fingers together) on the apron. I added the "stems" and painted the veins of the leaves on them. The turkeys are made by painting the palm brown and fingers different colors for the feathers. Then pressed on the apron and add eyes, legs and "gobbler". What is the techincal name for the red thing that hangs down off of turkey noses? I'll have to look it up.Anyway, We pray that your Thanksgiving will be filled with fun, laughter, joy and blessings. We continue to be amazed at the Blessings the Lord gives us. We have a wonderful family, healthy children and tons of love and Joy. We are Thankful beyond words.

2 comments:
VERY cute, I think all the grandma's will love them. And the technical term is, I believe, the wattle. Many wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I looked it up - it is called a Snood. I think wattle is MUCH better!! :)
Post a Comment