

I am finally getting around to posting pictures from Marilois & Pablo's wedding. It took us a few days to re-coop and then I was waiting for the pictures from Jody.
The wedding was WONDERFUL! I have laughed to family and said it was quite a "trip". Hee hee! Marilois was gorgeous and the children addendants behaved beautifully. Except for Micajah's run in with some ants, none of the children bailed out, cried or refused to walk. Quite a feat with 9 children under the age of 8. God's hand was certainly in it.
We loved visiting with out of town family, especially Aunt Katharine, Uncle Mike and Baby James. How much he has grown and how smiley he has become. He lit up every room he entered. We also loved seeing Dot & Tom Maier, Dorothy and Sophie Gould. We had been hearing of Sophie for years, and were thrilled to finally meet her. Our kids and she immediately bonded.
Here is a picture of the wedding cake that I made for the wedding. Apparently it was quite a hit. It was quite a labor of love. Maybe we will look back on it with great fondness of my launch into the famous world of cake baking.
Set of Professional cake pans : $200
New oven large enough to hold said cake pans: $1100
Pistachio Extract $100
Baking your sister's wedding cake for "free" : Priceless
Here also is a shot of the kids prior to the wedding.

3 comments:
The cake was great! Pistaccio is a real favorite (I forgot to tell you that in all our other activities,); the Maiers enjoyed it again on Memorial Day -- and there wasn't much left over from such a huge cake!-
Mike
Elizabeth,
What a beautiful shot of your children, I think that is Christmas card material. Sophie is still talking about her new "cousins", we will have to get them together again, somehow! I love your synopsis of the "free" wedding cake, these things take on a life of their own, don't they? have a great summer! Dorothy
We saw a little girl at church on Sunday with a haircut like Sophie and Lindsey Kate excitedly told me that Sophie had come to our church and she wanted to go sit with her.
We absolutely need to get them together soon. Maybe meet halfway somewhere.
Post a Comment