Monday, March 06, 2006

We don't need no stinking wedding clothes



Saturday morning, Bami and I loaded up the kids and went with ML and Pablo's Sister Carmina to shop for wedding clothes for our children and the 4 other flower girls. About half way there, Micajah pipes up and says "Why are we going to by me clothes for Aunt Mimi's wedding, I already have my Tigger costume to wear". Well, needless to say, we got him something a little more appropriate.

After a CRAZY lunch at Pizza Hut/TacoBell/KFC we spent 2 hours shopping for the clothes. We ended up getting adorable dresses, but I was so frazzled by that time, I forgot to get pictures of the girls.

The other photo is of our kids and Carmina's kids after shopping. We got new kites because we have Kite Day here on Saturday and last year's kites "Were too heavy and blew away" as Micajah told me. Anyway, it was LOTS of fun and we loved meeting Carmina, her girls and boy.

4 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

I love Micajah's outfit so cute, although I don't see why he can't wear his tigger costume....:) I thought of you today b/c I went shopping for Easter outfits for the twins, and did the sailor suit for Michael, with a matching sailor dress for Emily. Our Dillard's has a huge Strasbourg (sp?) selection...I didnt splurge on that, maybe next year when they can actually stand I will!

Mike Maier said...

Love the photos-- and I definitely vote for the Tigger costume. Glad you guys are all set for Kite day-- I know it will be special,
K

Elizabeth said...

Dor - the Strasburg outlet (in Darien near Savannah) is the way to go. I wouldn't pay full price for one, especially not TWO! I'll bet the sailor dress/outfit are ADORABLE!!!

Bless his heart, he will probably still try to wear the tigger costume!

Dorothy Gould said...

Elizabeth, I agree, we have a Strasborg outlet about an hour away, if i did go that route next year, i would check there first. Never pay full price for kids clothes, that's my motto....unless it's at Target!